Monday, May 11, 2009

How Many Adult Times Have You Been in Love?

From Diverting Devotion, a wonderful play by Mike O'Malley

NANCY. My turn. How many times have you been in love?
HENRY. Real times?

NANCY. You've faked being in love?

HENRY. No, but "real" can be a very murky thing for people when it comes to love. There's high school love, which, when people are going through it, they think it's real, but then you look back and all it is, is just ... puberty juice. Then you got your basic college-love illusion, where feelings are blown way out of proportion by the fact that you can have sex somewhere other than a car.

NANCY. Some people experience real love at that age.

HENRY. At that age people are in love with the idea that they're in love. They like how it makes them feel grown up. Then they're crumbled when it ends because they realize it wasn't a real adult love. (Beat) I'm gonna say that real adult love happens when two people who have been completely devastated by either of these delusions try to make a go of something new. When two formerly heartbroken folks make a choice to pursue new feelings for new people armed with the knowledge of how much it could waste them. That's love. Knowing the risk. Knowing it could blow up and wreck you. But still diving in.

NANCY. Henry, you're avoiding the answer.

HENRY. What?

NANCY. How many real adult times have you been in love?

HENRY. Oh. Zero.

NANCY. That's depressing. Drink.

I usually blog about matters concerning the internet and the steps to take to make money on the net...but I stumbled upon this and laughed. And then I thought to myself....I wonder how many women miss the opportunity for greatness or financial freedom in the pursuit of love. The description Henry gave of love is synical yet so true...two previously heart broken people diving in to give it yet one more try, knowing it could waste them, wreck them or blow up in their faces. Speaking from experience.... I've known that unhealthy kind of love. The "diving" in part, despite all the warnings. Oh it was good at first, I'll even vernture to say it was great...until one day it wasn't. It's like you go to bed one day in bliss and wake up the next in wonderment. "What just happened you ask yourself....what went wrong" and unfortunately, you may never find the answer. The queston then becomes, what next? Many women sadly fall into the victim role and never see their way out.....some become bitter and angry, some go on a crusade and band with the other women who chant "not me, not ever again" and then some women step back regroup and rise above it all like a phoenix from the ashes.... I've chosen the latter of them all. Admittedly, the regrouping took some time, but I have reconnected with myself and started this journey called life on a whole new path. And yes, I did take the dive into love yet again, but this time I'm loving ME! I love the direction my life has taken into the world of internet marketing. Though difficult at first and sometimes aggravating, I have learned the necessary steps to become successful and financially independent. Now that my vision is not blurred by illusions of grandure concerning my past love.... I can totally focus on my new love and go after it with wreckless abandonment. At least this time I know there is a reward for diving in against all odds.

Thanks to my new love....http://WealthyNulife.com.........I'm enjoying my life

No comments: