Monday, April 5, 2010

Are You Willing To Work?

Today's work ethic is far from that of the past. Our ancestors labored in all kinds of conditions for pennies on the dollar, just to insure their children would have a better life. Then our parents followed through and worked 30 plus years only to retire and get a gold watch and an insufficient pension. But somewhere along the way the X and Y generation lost the honor in working.

We live in a right-now society. Everybody wants what they want right now, yet nobody wants to work for it. Do I believe you have to work 80 hours a week to accomplish your goals? No! Actually, I believe in just the opposite. I believe in leveraging time for money. It's much smarter to have the efforts of a hundred people than the efforts of one. With that being said, I still believe that you have to put in a level of work or effort to receive the outcomes you desire.

There are allot of pie in the sky programs out here that promise you to just sign up and they will do all the work and by Friday you will be a millionaire. And as the old saying goes, "If you believe that, I have a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you" Nothing from nothing will always be NOTHING, no matter how you spin it! Everybody knows that what you sow, you will reap. If you have a great website or product, and you do nothing to let people know about it, well then it suffices to say that you won't make a dime from that site.

In the Peoples Program, they will promote and advertise for you, but it really is up to you to put in some effort in your success. I realize that my present is a direct reflection of MY actions. If I fail to pay the electric bill then I can assume that the lights will be turned off. Therefore, I need to make the effort to make sure the bill gets paid. The difference of where you are to where you want to be in life might be as simple as the effort it takes to pay the light bill. As I always say, Action = Success.

Sometimes it's the smallest decision that can change your life forever. Keri Russell

No comments: