Today is the first day back to school for my children after a week of Spring Break and boy am I happy. Never in my wildest dreams did I think my children would take the word break literally. Every time I turned around, somebody was dropping and/or breaking something and it was never their fault. One day this past week while at the grocery store, I got a call from my daughter and the first words out her mouth were "mom it's not my fault" my heart nearly skipped a beat as I thought to myself..."what now". She went on to tell me that she knocked the laptop on the floor and had broken my modem.
My modem, of all things, my modem. I was so furious that I couldn't begin to find the words to tell her how I felt. Afterall, this piece of equipment was the source of our bread and butter. How can an Internet Executive survive with no internet. I began to go into my normal routine of "why does this keep happening to me" I wanted to throw cans and smash jars and yell at the top of my lungs. And suddenly a calm came over me. I quickly regained my composure and thought to myself, "if my memory serves me correctly, I've been here before!
Much like David I've had to battle a few giants in the past, and I've come out the victor. My computer has crashed and I lost invaluable information, modems broken, diminished funds, lack of support, family issues, you name it, I've experienced it. Yes there have been times where I just want to give up and walk away from it all and then I'm reminded of the days when things were better. If my memory serves me correctly, I owned my own home, bought a new car every couple of years, rose to the top in my profession fairly quickly and had a beautiful family. Our best days are not behind us, but ahead of us. So as minor distractions arise we have to regain our composure and press on. Through the struggle we gain strength. When it seems like your dreams aren't going to come to fruition let your memories of past accomplishments remind you that are more to come.
No comments:
Post a Comment