Have you ever felt like you will never, ever get marketing down pat because there's so much information and so little time to read it all? I feel exactly the same way! Every day my inbox is bombarded with the latest marketing tricks, the newest list building e-book, the best traffic exchanges or how to set up a splash page and an auto-responder. Oh and let's not forget the time you need to spend reading the classics like "Think and Grow Rich" or the "Master Key System". My brain is on information overload. Sometimes after reading I'm more confused than when I began.
The more you read, the more you'll see the same information with a new spin on it. All of which by the way, contradict each other. I've come to realize there is no magic way to market. You just have to do it. Whatever method you choose, just be consistent with it. I think they all have the potential to work if done methodically.
That's where things get hairy for me. I get extremely bored with redundancy. That's why I've chosen to go back to the basics with marketing and do direct mailing. It's a totally hands off approach. I create an order and send it out and my information tends to stay with people allot longer than an email. There are days I sit down and fire off a few emails and check out some traffic exchanges to stay current on what's new, but my tried and true method will always be direct mail marketing. The last couple of businesses I've chosen have been centered around direct mailing. I'm loving it and my brain thanks me for it1
Happy surfing, list-building, and email blasting....I'm headed to the mall.
No comments:
Post a Comment