Some days I look up and before I know it, it's 2:00pm. I think to myself what have I done today besides fiddle around on various social networks, and then what do I see? A reference to my name or my opportunity in one of those networks or a message that states I have a new prospect.
It's then when I realize, action does equal success. You might not know what to do all the time, or how to do it....but if you just do something, you will see results. If your goal is to lose weight and you didn't do a planned workout but did walk for a mile, you're still successful. It's the same way with marketing. I don't believe that one method is any more successful than others, but I do believe that you just have to do something to bring about awareness of the product or service that you are offering.
Unfortunately, my day got off to a rough start and I found it difficult to get moving. Distractions were all around me. The electricity went out in two of the rooms in my home, a friend de-friended me in Twitter (still can't figure that one out), my cell phone stalker was in high gear and I just plain ole didn't feel like it today. But then I got a message from a person I met via twitter thanking me for a conversation we had, for it was just what he needed to catapult him into action. He not only got booked for his first speaking engagement but was also asked to appear on a television show. An hour or so after that, I spoke with my sister and she told me she read my blog and found it to be good reading. Wow!
What did I learn from today's events? Action=Success. I think allot of times we don't feel successful in our endeavors if there's no one there to pat us on the back and say 'good job'. We often feel like the steps we've taken have been done in vain. I now know that that couldn't be farther from the truth. If you throw a rock in the water enough times, you will make a wave. Just keep moving and keep pushing and you will be noticed. Truth be told, people see you and hear you and research what you're doing and will never let you know or never give you a word of encouragement. But even your doubters and naysayers are sometimes your best promoters!
No comments:
Post a Comment