Tuesday, March 9, 2010

I Shall Not Be Moved!

It's so easy to get distracted and swayed from your dreams. There's always something or someone to interfere with your focus. At times the negativity rings louder than the positive and your faith is shaken. "Is this for me" "Will this ever work" "Am I wasting my time" are questions I'm sure every great person has asked themselves on the way to their destiny. Sadly, many stop just short of greatness. We tend to forget that with every action we come one step closer to our goals. Better known as the snowball effect. You know, as a snowball rolls down hill, it not only gains momentum, but it gets bigger as well.

I don't know exactly when my efforts will take on the snowball effect, but what I do know is I won't ever stop trying. I've learned to become the horse on the track with the blinders on. I don't look left and I don't look right, I just focus straight ahead. At the end of the straight and narrow lies my reward. I can no longer subscribe to the theories of others or seek their validation. What's for me is for me. I know it, I believe it and I call on it everyday. I've been the puppet and paraded in the dog and pony show, only to feel sickened by the disloyalty to myself. That is so a thing of the past. I live my life freely, in truth and in honesty. As they say, to thine own self be true.

I know that what I seek to become is for the greater good. It not only benefits me, but those around me. For this I push past my own expectations and dream a vision bigger than my eyes can see. You see, I don't seek to fit in, but to stand out and eventually rise above. Rise above negativity and mediocrity and land is success and prosperity. Therefore, I can't....I can't be what someone else wants me to be, and I can't act the ways someone else wants me to act. All I can and will do is be the best me that I am destined to be. And on this point, I shall not be moved!

No comments: